Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Firewalking



Okay, so it's been a month, almost, without an update... That's because we've been sucked back down the rabbit hole of everyday life... sigh. That's no fun. David has been working his patooty off as a result of Hurricane Ike and has taken up residence in Houston. Good that he has work, not so good because we don't see each other much...
I have been flying to Las Vegas and back for the last month and do it again for the next month. Vegas has no attraction to me at all, but I like being able to be home every day.
Zac and I did something interesting last Sunday... We went to a "Be Unstoppable" seminar. We broke boards with our bare hands, broke arrows with our throats (Zac had an issue with this one, but did it anyway), walked across broken glass (barefooted) and across hot coals (barefooted). I did the coals 4 times, Zac did it 3. Neither of us were hurt in any way. No cuts, no burns, no bruises. It was a pretty powerful experience.

Both David and I have tried contacting the realtor in Uruguay. I never received an answer at all. David got a reply to his email and the guy told him the house was twice as much as we know the asking price is... sigh. I guess he doesn't want to deal with women or gringos up in the states... Guess I just need to go back to Uruguay and make the deal in person... sigh... the sacrifices I must endure... ;-)

No comments: